Office Hours
Monday - Friday 8am to 4pm
Contactless service in the vestibule
Call for information

Call 610-767-9297 |


PA One Call System, Inc.

PLEASE NOTE:  Permits can be submitted by email, mail, or in person at the municipal building. If you are submitting a permit application by email you will need to mail or drop off a check for the application fee. Please contact the permitting office with any questions by email at or by calling 610-767-9297 x1. 

The municipal office is OPEN Monday-Friday 8 am to 4 pm, however, there is limited public access inside the municipal building.

The Vestibule area is OPEN and there is a video intercom system for contactless service. You can get forms, speak with staff and drop off applications in the vestibule. If the service you need is not available in the vestibule, staff can remotely open the vestibule door to allow access.

Please call the township office BEFORE SCHEDULING OR BEGINNING WORK to verify if a permit is required. Most permits require detailed drawings of the property including all structures, driveway, septic, well with dimensions and distances clearly marked.  If you are unsure of what is needed for your permit please contact the appropriate official (Zoning Office for Zoning Permits, Building Code Official for Building Permits, or Road Superintendent for Driveway Permits)

UPDATE: Codes and Standards Enforced Under the UCC
The codes applicable to work for which a construction permit is sought on or after October 1, 2018, are the 2015 International Codes issued by the International Code Council (ICC), and the provisions amended by the UCC Review & Advisory Council (RAC). Only these codes as first published and their errata are applicable in Pennsylvania. For further information about the codes and standards adopted, go to

NOTICE: The Permit Extension Law has EXPIRED! Permits that were automatically extended by the law have expired as of July 2017. What does that mean for you? If you did not complete the provisions of your permit before July 2017 (work, required inspections, obtain a certificate of occupancy, etc.) you may need to apply for a permit extension and you may need to meet the current code standards. Please contact the Zoning Office if you have questions about your permit.

Zoning Permits are usually required for the construction of structures (depending on size and use), alterations to structures, placement of signs, opening of businesses and home occupations, or other uses. Download the Heidelberg Township Zoning Permit Application (PDF). *Please note: Both the permit application and the Addendum page must be signed by the property owner.

Find out more about the Heidelberg Township Zoning Hearing Board.

Building Permits
Permits are usually required for the construction and alteration of structures including homes, garages, pole barns, above ground swimming pools*, in-ground swimming pools*, signs, decks, retaining walls, fences, etc. The type of permit needed may depend on the size and use of the structure.

  • Residential Building Permits
    Find out when you need a Residential Building Permit in Heidelberg Township here.
  • Commercial Building Permits
    Find out when you need a Commercial Building Permit in Heidelberg Township here.

Applying for UCC Permits
Download the Heidelberg Township UCC Application (PDF). *Please note: Page 2 and the Addendum page must be signed by the property owner.

Find out more about applying for permits under the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code.

Plumbing and Electrical Permits may be required for some work done to residential and commercial properties.

Driveway Permits
Permits are required for all new, improvement of existing (including paving or re-paving), and change of use driveways. Please see the information provided with the driveway application. Download the Heidelberg Township Driveway Permit Application (PDF) here.
Note: If the driveway abuts a state road, you must also apply for a permit at the local Penn DOT office. The township requires a copy of the state permit.

Moving Permit
A moving permit is required for residents moving into, out of, or within the Township. There is no fee for this permit. Download the Heidelberg Township Moving Permit Application (PDF) here.

Subdivision or Land Development Application
Download the form (PDF) here.

Other permits that may be required: Open Burning Permit, Logging Permit, Small Wind Energy Systems Permit, Community Antenna Systems Permit, Junkyard Permit, On-lot Septic Permit

Downloadable Forms (PDF)


Know before you dig

Get Adobe Reader Note: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDFs linked on this page. If you do not have it download it for free from Adobe here.