PLEASE NOTE: Permits can be submitted by email, mail, permit drop box, or in person at the municipal building. If you are submitting a permit application by email you will need to mail or drop off a check for the application fee. Please contact the permitting office with any questions by email at email@example.com or by calling 610-767-9297 x11.
The municipal office is OPEN Monday-Friday 8 am to 4 pm, however, there is limited public access inside the municipal building.
The Vestibule area is OPEN and there is a video intercom system for contactless service. You can get forms, speak with staff and drop off applications in the vestibule. If the service you need is not available in the vestibule, staff can remotely open the vestibule door to allow access.
Please note: Vaccinated persons are not required to wear a mask inside the building.
Please call the township office BEFORE SCHEDULING OR BEGINNING WORK to verify if a permit is required. Most permits require detailed drawings of the property including all structures, driveway, septic, well with dimensions and distances clearly marked. If you are unsure of what is needed for your permit please contact the Zoning Office or Lehigh Valley Inspection Service.
A permit is NOT REQUIRED for the following work:
- Fences that are not over 6 feet high.
- Retaining walls not over 4 feet in height measured from the lowest level of grade to the top of the wall.
- Water tanks supported directly on grade if the capacity does not exceed 5,000 gallons and ratio of height to width does not exceed 2 to 1.
- Sidewalks not more than 30 inches above grade and that are not located over a basement or story below it.
- Prefab swimming pools less than 24 inches deep.
- Swings and other playground equipment.
- Window awnings supported by an exterior wall which do not project more than 54 inches from the exterior wall and do not include additional support.
- Installation of an uncovered deck where the floor of the deck is no more than 30 inches above grade.
- Installation or rearrangement of communications wiring.
An ordinary repair does not require a permit. The following are NOT ordinary repairs:
- Cutting away a wall, partition, or portion of a wall.
- The removal or cutting of any structural beam or load-bearing support.
- The removal or change of any required means of egress, or rearrangement of parts of a structure that affect the egress requirements.
- The addition to, alteration of, replacement or relocation of any standpipe, water supply, sewer, drainage, drain leader, gas, soil, waste, vent or similar piping, electric wiring or mechanical.
Download the Heidelberg Township Uniform Construction Code Application: UCC Application (PDF).