To evaluate, support and promote economic, historical, and environmental needs that will sustain and improve the quality of life in Heidelberg Township.
- The Board of Supervisors created an EAC for the township in an effort to foster knowledge regarding environmental and historical issues within the township.
- The EAC has held bat box workshops, invasive species seminars, water barrel workshops, a recycling event, Bake Oven Knob clean up days, and much more.
- The EAC is responsible for its own budget and does fundraising events every year. Any monies raised are invested back into the community and environment.
- Click here for information on the current EAC fundraiser.
- The EAC awards a scholarship to a Northwestern Lehigh student every year.
- EAC members are appointed by the Board of Supervisors and are volunteer positions.
- A riparian buffer area has been created and is maintained by the EAC on the Township property.
- The EAC published a one-room schoolhouse guide as a self-driven tour available to residents and visitors.
- The EAC is assisting the Township meet the state’s MS-4 regulations regarding storm water.
- The EAC is actively collecting plastic bags/wrap to earn a Trex bench for Germansville Fire Company. Two benches have already been earned for the Municipal building as part of this ongoing project.
Meets as required 2nd Tuesday of month at 7:30PM. The public is always welcome at EAC meetings and events!
|Chair: Priscilla Brennan||Jonathan Jakum|
|Secretary: Jeffrey Kistler|
Please see our FAQs on township guidelines for recycling, trash and septic systems.
We are always looking for additional members and volunteers. If interested, please fill out the form below and/or contact the Heidelberg Township office.